Your Privacy Is Important To Us!
HIPAA Patient Privacy
Our Commitment to Your Healthcare
What To Bring
Your Valuables and Personal Items
Tobacco Free Policy
Diets are prescribed by your physician. Be sure to ask your doctor or nurse before eating or drinking any food or fluid items not served to you by the hospital staff. Your medications are ordered specifically by your physician. DO NOT take any medications you brought into the hospital with you. The hospital will supply all your ordered medications. This is important so that you do not over-medicate yourself or take any medications which might not be compatible with new medications ordered by your physician. All home medications should be sent home with family.
Home Medication Exception
Insurance and Billing:
Insurance Questions 601-735-7105
Self-Pay Questions 601-735-7105
- We encourage all patients to learn about the cost of their healthcare prior to any planned visits to the hospital.
- For those with health insurance, please contact your insurance provider to find out what services are covered and co-payment and deductible amounts. Medicare and Medicaid patients should also check their plan's coverage.
- If you do not currently have health insurance, please contact our Patient Access Representative at 601-735-7105. They can guide you, provide estimates for your bill, and design a plan to assist you with payment. Based on the information you provide, you may qualify for financial assistance.
- For those with health insurance please contact your insurance provider to find out what services are covered and co-payment and deductible amounts. Medicare and Medicaid patients should also check their plan's coverage.
- Wayne General Hospital does contract with some out-of-state Medicaid Plans.
- It is your responsibility to check your health care policy to see if it has any restrictions or special criteria.