Wayne General Hospital and The Wayne General Hospital Foundation is sponsoring a Tik Tok Contest for persons between the ages of 12-19 and students in the Wayne County School District (Wayne County Public School System or Wayne Academy School System) to encourage them to become vaccinated against Covid-19. To participate, contestants must submit a Tik Tok video showing themselves getting vaccinated or include a creative message explaining why they were vaccinated and why others should be vaccinated.
On October 22, 2021, three winners will be selected by a panel of judges composed of various areas.
Videos will be judged on creativity, originality, and popularity (likes & shares) of their Tik Toks. All videos are must have three required hash tags: #getvaccinatedms and #vaxupwaynecounty and #wghcares4u. All videos must also be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tik Tok videos can be submitted from September 20-October 20. No submittals will be received after October 20, 2021.
Participants should follow the Tik Tok account @wghvaxupwaynecounty as indicated and respond to any Contest offer posted by Wayne General on its Tik Tok page @wghvaxupwaynecounty by “Tagging” “Liking” “Commenting” or otherwise responding in the manner and time period set forth in the offer (the “Entry Period”). The “ Like, “ or “ Comment,” “Tag” or other required response must include all information required in the offer.
-Three winners will receive: 1st place $100, 2nd place $50, 3rd place $25
-Winners will be announced October 22, 2021, via the @wghvaxupwaynecounty Tik Tok account, and promoted on Wayne General’s social media sites. Winners will be contacted via phone or by email from Marketing Director, Tara Waller.
-Winners will be determined based on creativity, originality, and popularity (likes & shares).
Rules for Participants:
-Participants must be between the ages of 12-19 and enrolled in a Wayne County School System (i.e. Wayne County School District or Wayne Academy).
-Video content must show the contestant getting vaccinated and/or have a vaccination message explaining why they are getting vaccinated and why others should get vaccinated. Wayne General Hospital and The Wayne General Hospital Foundation does not endorse the vaccination of minors (under the age of 19) without parental consent. Parental consent must be obtained for any minor receiving a vaccination while participating in the contest.
-All videos must tag @wghvaxupwaynecounty and have three hash tags #getvaccinatedms and #wghvaxupwaynecounty and #wghcares4u
-Any video that is inappropriate or contains profanity or offensive messaging will be immediately disqualified and deleted.
-Participants should review and adhere to Tik Tok’s community guidelines at: https: //www.tiktok.com/community-gudielines.
-By participating, contestants agree to the use of their content on Wayne General Hospital and The Wayne General Hospital Foundation’s media sites as well as other shared sites.
Non Discrimination Statement:
WGH and The WGH Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex or disability, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.
Participation in this contest is completely voluntary. Personal information requested from contestants (including name, date of birth, etc.) will be used solely for purposes of this contest, including to notify the winners and award prizes. By participating, contestants agree that they may be contacted by email or telephone regarding this contest.
(1) Eligibility: Open only to MS residents of the Wayne County School District (public and private schools) who are ages 12-19 at time of entry. Eligible Entrants who are under the legal age of majority in Mississippi must get their parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate in the Contest. A Minor Entrant will be required to provide parental consent in a form satisfactory to WGH and The WGH Foundation, before he or she can be declared a winner and any prize can be awarded under the terms of these Official Rules. All applicable federal, state, and local laws apply.
(3) Winner Selection: Contest winners will be selected by a panel from various groups. Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, likes, and shares. Decisions of the Event Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Contest.
(4) WINNER NOTIFICATION/VALIDATION: The potential Winner(s) will be asked for an eligible email address by Direct Message and will then be notified by email and may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity (where legal) form within seven (7) days of date of attempted notification. If winner is a Minor, all documents must be signed by parent or legal guardian. Noncompliance within this time period, with these Official Rules or the return of any prize/prize notification may result in disqualification and, at the Event Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected by the Event Sponsor. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 4-6 weeks after winner validation. Any winner later determined to be ineligible may be required to return his/her prize. Any taxes on prizes are the responsibility of the winners.
(5) PRIZE: The prize mentioned in the Contest offer is the only prize(s) available. No transfer, substitution or cash redemption will be awarded in lieu of stated prize except by the Event Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion, if the advertised prize becomes unavailable. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Event Sponsor.
(6) GENERAL RULES: Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Event Sponsor and its designees to use each winner's name, city, state, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in any and all media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. By participating, Entrant (i) agrees to release and hold the Event Sponsor, and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties"), harmless against any and all claims and liability arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Contest or misuse, nonuse or use of any prize; (ii) waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys' fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to enter; and (iii) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, inaccurate, illegible, misdirected, garbled, delayed or undelivered entries or referrals; or for technical hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind, lost, unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, which may limit an individual's ability to participate. The Event Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend or modify the Contest, or to disqualify any implicated entrant(s), (and their entries) if any fraud, virus, actions by entrants, technical or other error or problem, or any other occurrence corrupts or affects the administration, integrity, security, or proper play of the Contest, as determined by the Event Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event the Contest is cancelled prior to the stated end date, a notice will be posted at Wayne General Hospital’s Facebook page. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. In the event a dispute arises regarding a specific individual entitled to receive a prize, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the TikTok account submitted at the time of entry and any damage made to the web site will also be the responsibility of the authorized account holder. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the person who is assigned to a TikTok account name by TikTok. Released Parties are not responsible for any technical, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other error relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Contest-related materials; or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest.
(7) WINNER NAME: Names of winners (first name / school) will be posted on the Wayne General Hospital’s Facebook page when available.